Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mall of Georgia

The train conductor was punching holes in the kid's train tickets. It was just like the real deal. The kids kept calling it the "Thomas Train". I think this was the highlight of the day for Alexis.
Check out Ella's smile with one of her eye's shut like she is winking. So cute! Alexis told me that Ella and Isaac are both her "buddies".
The kids were playing in Germ Land...just kidding it was a little kiddie land play area. I really wish they had one of these in the Georgia Square Mall by our house. But don't worry, I smothered anti-bacterial gel all over the girls hands after we were done playing.


Today we spent the day at Mall of Georgia with Rachel, Isaac, Melissa, Ella and Nora. We all managed to pile into my bus (Suburban), double strollers and all. The kids had so much fun! They went on the carousel, the Nordstrom's train ride, had lunch, played at the kiddie play land and even became models at Picture People.

We were stopped by the Picture People staff because they claimed they wanted to train in a new girl and in exchange they would give us each a free 10x13 portrait. The girls that worked there were fabulous! I have to say we will definitely go back for photos in the future. Brandy was so patient with my girls even when Alexis wanted to stick her tongue out whenever she said smile. We ended up with adorable portraits and even a great group shot of all 5 kids. I knew it was trouble when we came back to the store 30 minutes later to see the photos and they had a bunch of portraits framed and blown up. I knew they were trying to suck us in...great marketing! I am such a sucker for pictures of my children! But they never pressured us into buying anything which was very nice unlike JC Penny's where they make me feel like a cheapskate. I signed a release form allowing them to use Lexie and Izzie's photos as displays in their studio. I'll have to go back some other day to see if they hung them up.

By the time we got our pictures, the kids had reached their breaking point. It was beyond nap time for everyone so it was time to go home. We had so much fun and it was extra exciting to get out of Athens for the day.

No comments: