Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dane's Big 3-0 Birthday



Dane turned the big 30 today. He called me from work telling me he didn't want to be 30 anymore. What's the big deal? I guess I'll find out soon enough.
He told me on more than one occasion he absolutely did not want a party. So I planned a date night instead.
Before we went out on our date, we had an ice cream cake and gave presents to Daddy. When the girls went to Picture People, I purchased the above blown up black and white framed photo for his birthday present. I hid it in my closet (covered with some blankets) which Dane never goes near with fear of my collection of purses and shoes. When my nephew slept over a week ago, Dane went into my closet to get some blankets and he comes running out with the picture and a huge smile on his face. I stink at hiding things! I need some new hiding spots. Of course he said he would've never gone in there with this one exception of the need of spare blankets. Oh well, he received his gift early.
MeMaw came over to watch the girls and we went to dinner at Harry Bissett's which is New Orleans flare. It was delicious!!! I had crab cakes and they were the best in Athens hands down. Dane had Oysters Bien and Oysters Rockefeller which I even liked. They were so fresh and did not taste fishy at all. Our server said they fly the oysters in from New Orleans. Apparently they are in season right now and are super big. I wish I would have taken a picture because I have never seen an oyster so huge before.
After dinner, we saw the movie, My Bloody Valentine 3D. I wanted to see it just because it was 3D. It was definitely not scary. I would categorize this movie into the cheesy horror flicks category. Bad acting, bad script and very predictable. But the 3D part was cool. However I felt a little scammed because we had to pay $10.50 each for the movie because of the 3D glasses rental. What a jip! I don't recommend this movie. I was bummed that we didn't end up seeing Valkyrie after all even though that is not my type of movie.
Other than the movie flop we had a nice night out together.

No comments: