Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lexie's Trip to The Dentist



We went to the Dentist and it was a pleasant experience as always. They are truly wonderful with kids! Above you can see how the Hygienist cleaned Pinkie Pie Pony's teeth. Alexis was a little hesitant with Mr. Thirsty (the suction). This was her 2nd visit and I was so impression how brave she was when she got her x-rays all by herself. There was a little bit of bad news. Alexis has a cavity which is a poor reflection of my flossing or lack there of. Immediately after arriving back home, I typed up cute reminders for me and put them in both bathrooms so I can be reminded to floss her teeth twice per day. I am happy to report that I have not missed a single flossing (with Mr. String) since her appt. I have been really good at taking extra time on cleaning her teeth thanks to all of the guilt that overcame me after finding out she needs to get a cavity filled. Ugh! The big decision is laughing gas or sedation?? The Dentist didn't sway me either way even though I was trying to get her to. Dane wasn't much help either. I haven't decided what I am going to choose as of yet. I am leaning more toward laughing gas because she seems to be able to sit still and well enough with the Dentist in her mouth.
I am so proud of what a big girl she is. Lexie did fantastic and of course we didn't leave the Dentist office without our goodies (toothbrush, Mr. String (floss) and balloon) and getting her nails painted because after all she is a Princess according to the Dentist and I happen to agree.

No comments: