Friday, December 5, 2008

Kids Being Kids

Tonight, we went to the Athen's Parade of Lights.  Thank goodness it stopped raining just in time for the parade.  It was so much fun.  We all enjoyed the decorated floats and the candy treats that were being thrown.  The highlight for Alexis was the "pokadot pony" and Santa of course.  Santa waved at her and she was shouting out, "Hi Santa, I be a good girl".  Alexis asked if Santa is bringing her Scootadoo On The Go which is a remote control scooter for her My Little Ponies and she also asked for Real Cat which is a FurReal cat, it meows, purrs, and moves when you pet it. I am so excited for her to open her presents this year. She understood Santa last year but this year she totally gets it. I can't tell you how many times I've used the old, "Santa's watching you so you better be good" trick.

Other than the wonderful Santa tradition, I want Alexis and Isabelle to understand the real meaning of Christmas and the importance of giving.  We talk about baby Jesus a lot.  We are also going to go through Alexis' toys and pick out some to donate. I explained that these toys are going to little kids who don't have many toys. She was excited to give her toys to another child.



No comments: