Friday, December 5, 2008

Home Today

This morning, Alexis woke up not feeling well.  Let's just say my washing machine has been running non-stop and I have been disinfecting everything like crazy.  She has been quarantined to her room.  She gets to watch lots of movies today.  I am trying everything I can to prevent Isabelle from catching it.  I called the Dr this morning and his nurse said something is going around big time.  Apparently they have been bombarded with ill kids in their office and phone calls from parents.  She said the good thing is it's a 24-bug.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will be as good as new by tomorrow.  I feel bad for her because I know she doesn't feel right. The strange thing is, she has a normal amount of energy.  I have had to tell several times no running or jumping on the bed. I called Erinn to make sure her kids were feeling ok. Thankfully, her kids are healthy.  Apparently all of the other kids at the play date on Tues are feeling fine. I have no idea where she would have picked this up from. The only thing I can think of is she licked the Target shopping cart the other day.  Eww!!  

Since I took the day off from work, I am taking advantage of my time at home today.  This morning, I washed the kitchen and foyer floors on my hands and knees.  I washed the cabinets and wall base boards.  I had the carpet cleaner come over today and he steamed our carpets. Ever since, I've been trying to catch up on laundry.  Washing, drying, folding, putting away...repeat.  This afternoon, I am hoping to catch up on some reading for my Psych class. Finals are in a week and half.  I have a lot of quizzes and reading to do in the meantime.  I may sneak in a little bit of time to work on my next quilting project if I'm lucky.

No comments: