Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dinner Swap

Tonight I attended my first dinner swap with the ladies in my mom's group.  They have been doing this each month for the last couple months.  It was a success and I will most definitely participate next month.
Teresa hosted the dinner swap and greeted me with a wonderful Pina Colada and scrumptious snacks.  Her homemade guacamole should be sold, it is so good!
How it works is we all make 4 family sized meals that are freezable and package them into 8 medium containers.  I made chili.  We get together and go home with 4 different meals but in our case it is really 8 meals because we have a small family.  I took home Lasagna, Eggplant Parmesan, Brunswick Stew (my favorite) and Chicken Pot Pie.  The best part is in the evening when I don't feel like cooking then I throw one of these meals in the oven and ta-da a home cooked meal.

No comments: