Sunday, November 16, 2008

Playing Cards In The Woods

I enjoyed the chilly evening at the cabin playing cards with my sister in-law, Teresa and mother in-law, Sheila.  I am not much of a gambler so we opted not to play for money.  
The cabin had to bedrooms which had 2 sets of bunk beds in them.  We had plenty of sleeping area.  Alexis was so excited to sleep on the bottom bunk.  It was a big kid bed to her.  She slept from about 7:30pm until 7:00am the next morning.  She was exhausted from running around with her cousins.
Isabelle was another story.  She had a minor cold, was teething (those 1 year molars are a bear) and was not digging sleeping somewhere other than her house.  She slept on and off throughout the entire night.  She woke up about every 2 hrs.  I was exhausted!!  At one point, I finally got her to fall asleep in her portable crib by putting it in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on.  She slept from about 3am to 7:30am.  When everyone started waking up in the morning, I had to tell them not to go the bathroom in the only bathroom within the cabin.  I was desperate to Isabelle asleep.  So the guys all went to the bathroom in the woods and us girls managed to just hold it until Isabelle woke up.  

Lexie had a blast with her cousins, Matthew and Christina.


No comments: