Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gobbler 5K Run

Alexis, was my number one cheerleader.  She kept yelling, "Go Momma Go! Yeah Momma!"

Today, I ran in the Gobbler Run 5K race at Sandy Creek Park with my friends, Julee and Rachel. Alexis ran with me at the very end of the race and crossed the finished line with me.  It was so much fun.  I was happy that I finished considering I did not train at all. I just went out and ran the race (which was not the smartest on my part).  I'm definitely not as young nor fit as I used to be.  I have been notorious for just up and running 5K races in the past with little or no preparation.  But I cut myself a break, after all, I did deliver two children.  

I was a little sore for a couple days afterwards.  Overall, it got me excited about running again. It has been a couple years since I've ran.  I used to be an avid runner so I am excited about getting in better shape and beating my time at the next 5K race.


No comments: