Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Nice Weekend





We went to a play date last friday at Barnes & Noble which means we must have went to the mall on Thursday. I can't remember, my days are all mixed up. We met several moms from our mom's group at B&N for a play date. The kids had a great time and made quite a mess of the children's area. B&N makes for a great play date whenever its rainy or cold.

I went to my CRHP girls group at church (Rachel goes too). I go every friday night which is a nice night out. Dane took the girls into the garage with him to workout and box. Dane bought Alexis kids sized boxing gloves so she can hit the heavy bag. She loves it. However, both Lexie and Izzie are girlie girls so I don't forsee them taking up boxing as their sport of choice. Sorry Dane. But nonetheless, they enjoy having their daddy time and all the great activities that daddy comes up with.

On Sat, we went to Milledgeville, GA (about an hour and half away from Athens) to my friend, Jessica's wedding. Jessica also works with Dane. It was raining but her wedding was so beautiful and very elegant. Alexis and Isabelle had the time of their life at the reception. They danced the night away...at least until 8:45pm when we decided to head home. The cutest moment was when a slow song came on and Alexis asked her daddy to dance with her. It was so precious. If only I had my camera!! I could not believe I forgot my camera!! There are many pictures of the girls floating around out there between other guests who took their photos because they are so darn cute and the professional photographer who seemed like she was giving Lexie and Izzie their own photo shoot because she was just snapping away. I'll have to check with Jessica to see if they'll be posted online to see.

On Sunday, we had a lazy day and I went into work with the girls. Dane was called into work for a special project in Stockbridge, GA. They ended up keeping him overnight. I guess they had to flip 70 or so apartments. I am looking forward to the overtime check. We needed that especially since they have not had any overtime available since last summer.

No comments: