Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's A Blizzard In Georgia!




Well not really a blizzard but it was the most snow I've seen in years. The news said GA has not had this much snow in the last 9 years. It was beautiful and a friendly reminder to Dane and I how we do not miss MN winter. As expected, the south pretty much shut down for the next day. People cleared the milk and bread from the grocery shelves. The lines were so long that Dane had to get milk at the gas station. We actually needed milk, we were not stocking up. It is just funny to me how the south in general reacts to snow fall or even the mention of possible snow fall. This would be just another winter day in MN. I enjoy this rare commodity of snow because I actually appreciate it now and enjoy it.

I played in the snow with Lexie and Izzie. We built a snowman, made snow angels and threw snow balls at a tree. Izzie couldn't seem to get enough licks in. She was licking the snow on the ground and catching the giant falling snowflakes in her mouth. It's pretty amazing to think they are predicting the temperature to be in the 70s by this friday! Snow and 70s all in one week.

No comments: