Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just The Girls


i
The girls were taking turns being the baby. They would sit in the baby cradle and rock each other. They have great imaginations and love to role play. When I watch the girls play and interact with each other, it brings back great memories of me and my little sister, Michelle.


Dane is in Birmingham, Alabama this week for work so it's just us girls. We have had a good time together. Tonight, we played countless rounds of 'Ring Around The Rosie'. It is a great way to tire the kiddos out. They went to bed immediately after their head touched their pillow.

This morning Alexis went to Gym 'n Learn or as we refer to it as her school. She loves it and looks forward to her class on Mondays and Wednesdays. She talks about her teachers, Miss Carrie and Miss Elizabeth (Lexie pronounces her name as Miss Elizabit) all the time. She said she learned about the letter S today. The first part of class is spent doing Gymnastics and the second half of class is spent learning preschool activities. This is a drop-off program, meaning I don't stay and participate. Since class is 2 hrs long and I live less than 10 minutes away, I usually go home and get stuff done around the apartment. I usually have Isabelle play in Lexie's room while Lexie is at school. Izzie's face is priceless. She gets so excited to be in Lexie's room all by herself. No one around to take toys away from her, yell at her, telling her 'No'...all of which Alexis does from time to time. You know~ all the typical older sister things. I'll put the gate up so Isabelle is contained to Lexie's room and I don't hear a peep out of her. She'll play quietly and happily for over an hour until it's time to go pick up Alexis. I'll peer my head around the corner to check on her and she'll be sitting on Lexie's bed, looking at books or playing in the toy box. I love watching the kids play when they don't know I'm watching. Oh to be a kid again...

No comments: