Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FL Friends Visiting!

My new job title is officially Maid except I don't even get paid minimum wage. I have been cleaning, disinfecting, scrubbing, washing...our whole apt. We got our carpets cleaned this morning and they look brand new. It's nice when the house is not only picked up but really clean. Why all the cleaning you ask? My BFF from FL, Ashley and her baby Haylee are coming to visit tomorrow. They will be staying with us. Since her 4 month old will probably spend a fair amount of time on the floor, I figured the carpets should be cleaned. Plus, when we have house guests I like a sanitary place for them to stay. I should add that I am a neat freak any way so I guess this is no surprise to most.

Ashley and I have been friends for a very long time. She approached me when we were in the 3rd grade together and asked if I wanted to be her friend. The rest is history. She moved from Eagan, MN (where I lived) to Winter Springs, FL (just outside Orlando) when we were in 9th grade. But we managed to remain the best of friends even though most of our friendship has been long distance. We just take turns visiting each other. I consider her part of my family. She will be staying with me for just under a week so over the course of the next few days, I probably won't post on our blog much. I'll have to play blogger catch up next week.

No comments: