Friday, October 10, 2008

Quilting Happy Hour

I met my friend, Julee (also from my Mom's Group) at Dragonfly Quilt Shop in Watkinsville.  We attended the Happy Hour class.  Last week, Julee and I picked out all of our fabric for our quilts.  They cut all of our fabric for us for the pattern that we were using.  How great is that?  We arrived and started sewing away.  I have about a quarter of my quilt finished.  Still working on it.  I will post pictures of my quilt after I work on it some more.  It is so much fun.  I look forward to making these personalized quilts for others.  It's my newest hobby.

I have been busy all week with my exhausting school work.  My online Psych class was having passkey issues last week which meant I had double the work this week including, reading about 100 pages and taking 16 quizzes.  That is not a misprint--16 quizzes in 1 week.  We don't have any homework thank goodness.  The quizzes keep me very busy.  They are all online, open book but the catch is that they are all timed.  Next week I have 2 chapters to read which means about another 100 pages and who knows how many quizzes.  I would have to assume in the ballpark of 10-15 quizzes again.  Ugh!  This is all just for 1 class.  I don't know how people take this class with a full load of other classes.  I guess that is why the Professor said about 40% of students in this class end up dropping it.  I was sure wrong to think this would be an easy 'A'.  The actual work is easy, it's just time consuming and a lot of work to do each week to meet the weekend deadlines.  I am happy to be back in school.  I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  It's just a really long tunnel.  

No comments: