Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another Shot at the Dr's Office

Our Pediatrician got a shipment of the preservative free flu shot for Isabelle. So I had to take her to get that. I was really nervous about taking both girls back to the Dr, afraid of major meltdowns. (See my older post about My Dr Appt Lesson in September. ) To my surprise, they both did really well. I explained to Alexis that she was not getting a shot this time. Isabelle needed a shot. Alexis was well behaved and sat quietly during the appt. We were also lucky because the nurse who does a really good job with shots was there. She gave Izzie her flu shot and just a brief cry and we were on our way. It definitely was not traumatic unlike our last Dr visit. Then again there is a huge difference from 4-6 shots versus 1 shot. I got my flu shot yesterday and my arm still aches a little. It made me feel sorry for my children as they got their shots.

All is well in our neck of the woods. We had an early start to our day. I worked early today so we could enjoy the beautiful weather this afternoon. Its in the 70s & 80s this week. Sunny with the smell of fall in the air. Autumn is my favorite season!

The girls colored the pumpkins with Sharpie markers. They are so cute. I'll have to take a photo and post it.

No comments: