Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend in Atlanta










As we departed Athens, all four of us ladies took a huge breath of air and sighed. It has been way too long since we have been away from our children and even longer since we have done anything for ourselves. Our first stop was at the International Farmer's Market in DeKalb Co. This was the first time I had gone and it was amazing. First, it was inside and air conditioned which is a huge bonus since it is 95 degrees outside. Second, it was gigantic and inexpensive. Everything was so fresh and really good quality. I got a little of everything. I got some fruit and veggies, spices, orange-cranberry bread, and a yummy macaroon from the bakery. Next time I want to get some meat and seafood which looked amazing. I also have a hunch that there was a whole other part of the market that we never ventured to.

After arriving at Julee sister, Alexis' house in Atlanta, we relaxed with some yummy snacks and even yummier drinks. I make Orange Mojitos (my sister's recipe). It was hit. Then we started to get ready. It was a blast from the past, getting ready with my girlfriends, trading clothes and shoes. Fussing over our hair and make-up. Good times all around!

We went to dinner at a cute restaurant called Wisteria. It was definitely a restaurant that you do not bring kids too. So it was perfect for that reason alone. The food was delicious. After dinner we went to road with several bars on it and choose Limerick's (an Irish Pub in case you couldn't tell from the name). There was live music which was fun. It was interesting to watch the occasional person stumble out of the bar...literally stumble. None of us got to that point and we were responsible by getting a taxi for our ride home. We got home at about 1:45am. I think we all pretty much fell asleep once our heads hit the pillows.

The next morning was amazing. I woke up without hearing, "Momma...Mommma!!!" I heard silence...peace and silence. I even spent about 20 minutes reading in bed. How great is that? We got ready for the day and then went to Cafe Intermezzo for coffee and breakfast. The coffee is amazing and the coffee menu is incredible. There had to have been at least 50 different kind of coffee drinks to choose from. I was tired from our previous night out. I was definitely feeling the after effects. Unfortunately, we did not have any more time to just lounge around. It was Father's Day so after breakfast we went home to be with our families. All in all, it was a very fun weekend and I have promised myself that I get one weekend for myself at least once a year...maybe twice.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ok, I have to shut off your blog until my jealousy subsides. It looks like you girls had a great time!! I miss hanging with you guys.

PS - your kids are HUGE!! How did they get so big in one year??