Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's My Birthday!


It's my birthday and I am 29 years young. I am hanging onto my 20s with a string but enjoying it nonetheless. My birthday was actually on the 9th which I celebrated with my family and friends at Dos Palmas. I was totally craving mexican which is normal for me. Donavan, Rachel, Isaac, Teresa, Daniel, Mathew, Christina, and Dad (in-law) all joined my family and I for dinner. It was a really nice evening.

On the 11th, I celebrated my birthday with friends, Melissa, Erinn, and Rachel. We went to Terrapin Brewery. It was so much fun! The bonus was I got in free, I got a free Terrapin glass, and 8 drink tickets for free all because it was my birthday. We took a little tour of the brewery and then tasted the various beers. After Terrapin, I had to run home quick because Dane had to fix a water leak in someone's apt. He was on-call. About 15 minutes later, I met up with the girls at the Thai Spoon downtown Athens for dinner. When I arrived the girls surprised me with a gift. I was very suspicious since they were all laughing hysterically. I knew them all too well. They gave me an adult only gift but it was all in good fun. It was hilarious! I will definitely be re-gifting it though. It's Rachel's birthday next.

By the way, Thai Spoon is delicious! I can't wait to take Dane here for date night. A note to everyone who has not been there before...
The food is rated with 0, 1, 2, 3 red peppers on the menu to distinguish how hot the meal will be. Well the server said 1 pepper is only a "little hot". I took her advice and ordered something that I thought would be mildly hot. I took a bit and all I could think was, "Fire in the hole!!" It was so hot, it made me sweat and my nose run. One pepper is very hot according to my taste buds. But the funny thing was that it was so delicious that I couldn't stop eating it. The food was amazing!

No comments: