Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dane Goes to WI


Dane went to his brother's house near Madison, Wisconsin this weekend. They were having a family reunion. He went boxing at a local gym up there and took our nephew, Austin along. Austin has recently taken up boxing as a sport. I was unimpressed that Dane took the camera on his vacation and this was the only picture he took. I guess that is why I typically carry the camera.

I stayed home with the girls. We had a nice, relaxing weekend. We met up with my sister in-law, Teresa and her kids who also stayed home while Daniel (Dane's brother) went to WI too. We ate a lot and went swimming pretty much all weekend. Isabelle learned how to swim with the help of water wings. It was the first time she would kick around the pool by herself without me holding her. My baby is growing up! Sigh.

The evening of the 4th of July, I took the kids to fireworks in Nicholson with Teresa. The bummer about fireworks is they do not begin until 9:30 which is way past my kid's bedtimes. In doing this, I knew it was a gamble as too how they would act. Isabelle was extremely tired and made it be known by crying for a bottle of milk. I thought, not a big deal because I have a bottle and I can get milk at a gas station right? Wrong. Apparently in small towns even the gas stations close for fireworks. I drove to Commerce where I finally found a Shell station open. Izzie got her bottle and all was good. Alexis enjoyed the fireworks provided she could sit on my lap while I hold her ears with my hands. Izzie had no problem with the loud sounds of booming in the sky and enjoyed them on her own.

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!

No comments: