Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day at the Atlanta Zoo






I spent Mother's Day with my mother in-law and my two daughters at the Atlanta Zoo.  We left the men at home.  Actually Dane was on-call for work and could not be that far away from home.  It was a beautiful, sunny day at the zoo.  This was the first time we had ever gone to this zoo.  It was so much fun.  I liked that it was very clean and the animal exhibits were fairly close together.  It was nice not to have to walk a mile in between each exhibit.  Alexis and MeMaw both agree that the giraffes were their favorite.  I think my favorite were the elephant, zebras and pandas.  I learned an interesting fact about elephants.  The difference between asian elephants and african elephants is their ear size.  African elephants have larger ears than the asian elephants.  We saw a nice bird show and an elephant show.  They showed us how they train the animals using positive reinforcement.  

No comments: