Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tea Party with The Sweeteas







We along with MeMaw went to Plain Janes Boutique (my new favorite shop in 5 points) for an exclusive tea party with Author, Rochelle Frazier who wrote and illustrated the fabulous Southern delight called Sweeteas and she has a whole series of wonderful books. I am just a sucker for all things Southern! One of my favorite lines in the book is, "These are the things every Southern girls should know, 'cause it's true the farther South, the sweeter they grow!" Of course, I absolutely love the Southern phrase, "I declare" and will make every effort to use it in my day to day vocabulary. I think it will jive nicely with my "you betcha" and "rivah" thanks to my time lived in Minnesota and Virginia...add a little Georgia in the mix and voila! You've gotcha a fine Minne-Virg-Georgia accent. Check out her blog: www.thesweeteas.blogspot.com.

No comments: